As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases made on MeatAnswers.com. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs. You can read our complete disclaimer information for more details.
A meat slicer is an extremely handy kitchen appliance that lets you serve up perfectly cut meat for every single meal. This is helpful not only for those fancy dinners with family and friends, but cooking with evenly sliced meat increases the likelihood that the meat is perfectly and evenly cooked throughout.
However, meat slicers are not the most common kitchen appliance and so it can be a little difficult to choose the best meat slicer in the market where the options for the same are endless.
Investing in a good meat slicer should let you be able to slice all your meat at home, which means you can buy whole cuts of meat from the market and then process it yourself. This is much healthier than buying pre-processed meats, and is tastier too.
Additionally, meat slicers are pretty versatile in their making which renders them useful to slice up other foods such as vegetables and bread too.
Meat slicers are highly efficient and handy, and let you have complete control over how you want your meat to be sliced.
Table of Contents
- 1 TOP MEAT SLICERS IN 2020
- 2 Home Meat Slicers
- 2.1 1. Chef’s Choice 609A000 Electric Meat Slicer
- 2.2 2. OSTBA Meat Slicer Electric
- 2.3 3. Continental Electric PS77711 Pro Series Meat Slicer
- 2.4 4. Gourmia GFS700 Professional Electric Power Food & Meat Slicer
- 2.5 5. Chefman Die-Cast Electric Deli/Food Slicer
- 2.6 6. Befen Stainless Steel Meat Cutter
- 2.7 7. Kitchener 9-inch Professional Electric Meat Slicer
- 3 Commercial Meat Slicers
- 3.1 8. Super Deal Commercial Stainless Steel Semi-Auto Meat Slicer
- 3.2 9. VIVOHOME 10 Inch Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Electric Meat Slicer
- 3.3 10. KWS MS-10NT Premium Commercial Electric Meat Slicer
- 4 TYPES OF MEAT SLICERS
- 5 BUYING GUIDE FOR MEAT SLICERS
- 6 WHAT ARE THE TOP BRANDS OF MEAT SLICERS AND WHERE TO BUY MEAT SLICERS?
- 7 SEVEN TIPS FOR USING MEAT SLICERS SAFELY:
TOP MEAT SLICERS IN 2020
Here are the Top meat slicers available in the market in 2020 for various categories.
Top Home Meat Slicers:
- Chef’s Choice 609A000 Electric Meat Slicer
- OSTBA Meat Slicer Electric Deli Food Slicer
- Continental Electric PS77711 Pro Series Meat Slicer
- Gourmia GFS700 Professional Electric Power Food & Meat Slicer
- Chefman Die-Cast Electric Deli/Food Slicer
- Befen Stainless Steel Meat Cutter
- Kitchener 9-inch Professional Electric Meat Slicer
Top Commercial Meat Slicers:
- Super Deal Commercial Stainless Steel Semi-Auto Meat Slicer
- VIVOHOME 110V 10 Inch Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Electric Meat Slicer
- KWS MS-10NT Premium Commercial Electric Meat Slicer
Home Meat Slicers
The Chef’s choice electric food slicer 609A is a meat slicer that is powerful in its manufacturing and rugged in its make. It contains a food carriage that is slightly tilted to facilitate slicing that is quick and efficient. The food carriage features a stainless steel blade that measures 7 inches long and is thus capable of slicing a large variety of foods. The food carriage’s large volume also is capable of completely retracting so as to allow the meat slicer to slice even pieces that are extra large such as roasts, hams and other large chunks of meat.
This meat slicer is handy and offers a design that is easy to clean up since it is primarily made up of detachable parts including a detachable blade, while also offering a control for precision and thickness, giving the user complete control over how they want their meats sliced. This meat slicer is also highly safe to use and even comes with a security lock so as to limit the access available to the blade when the meat slicer appliance is not in use. The 609A meat slicer is made up of cast aluminum and stainless steel and is designed to provide smooth running and powerful slicing.
- Food carriage is tilted, has a large volume capacity and has a cantilever design.
- Gear driven, high torque motor that can run smoothly and efficiently
- 7 inch stainless steel blade that is multipurpose and detachable for easy cleaning. Further, it offers precision control and has options ranging from deli thin to three quarters of an inch thick.
- The meat slicer comes with a food deflector and a serving tray.
- Precision control for complete freedom in choosing the slicing of meat
- Easy to use and clean
- Safety locks to prevent mishaps
- It is not durable
- Fuse blows out relatively easily
- The internal plastic gear wheel is defective
The OSTBA meat slicer has been designed for professionals to use and helps you get fine and perfectly sliced meat for your dish. It is also very easy to use and maintain as it comes with detachable parts.
Further, the thickness of the meat slicing can be adjusted by adjusting the blades. The OSTBA meat slicer comes with anti slip rubber sole for the bottom to increase reliability and prevent unfortunate accidents. It has an efficient blade and motor and is noiseless and smooth in its operation.
- It is made of a universal stainless steel type of blade that measures around 5 inches
- Highly efficient motor that can provide for up to 150 watts of power to keep an even cut
- It comes with a safety protective lock for when the machine is not in use
- Provides professional like slicing of meat and other food items such as bread. With the even and thin slicing of meat it will look professional.
- It has a variable thickness knob
- Strong suction rubber feet
- Removable side rod extension
- Complete control over the food that is being sliced
- Affordable in comparison to other meat slicers
- It is not only easy to use, but is also highly safe to use and has a protective lock for the blade as well
- The blade is sharp and does not require constant sharpening
- It is not the most easy to clean meat slicer in the market since the blade is nearly inaccessible
- The food pusher is not of good quality and breaks easily.
This handy continental electric meat slicer is a compact meat slicer that seems like it was made to fit your counter just right. It has a tilted food carriage and the blade is a serrated blade which provides for easier, faster and more efficient slicing of meat.
Additionally, this meat slicing device also comes with an adjustable knob to adjust the thickness with which the meat will be sliced. This gives the user complete control over how thick or how thin he/she wants their meat sliced. This also increases precision and even slicing.
It has an efficient motor that can power up the meat slicer up to nearly 180 watts, which is the required power to slice most meats. Its blade measures up to 7.5 inches long and is made of stainless steel and has an aluminum body.
- Since the Continental electric meat slicer is an automatic meat slicer, it is relatively cheaper than other kinds of meat slicers.
- It features a tilt base that comes with rubber suction soles to prevent slipping
- It is easy to use and maintain and the suction power is good too
- It has a variable thickness knob to vary the thickness of the sliced meat
- Slices meat like a professional chef and is even and can be very thinly sliced if required.
- Easy to clean and is highly efficient
- It has a safety switch to lock the blade when the slicer is not in use
- The meat collects too close to the power on and power off switch which could be a problem
- This meat slicer is not very durable and runs down very quickly
- The backplate is weak and bends away
The Gourmia electric meat slicer is an automatic meat slicer that comes with a rubber feet or sole that prevents the meat slicer from moving around and causing accidents while it is running. And for when the meat slicer is switched off and not in use, it also has a blade and food holder to provide more control and grip to the user when handling the machine.
The Gourmia electric meat slicer can slice meat and some other food items like a professional and can provide sliced foods that are evenly and thinly done so. It has a universal blade that measures 7.5 inches in length and is made of stainless steel to provide for efficient and easy meat slicing.
It has micro slice controls to give the user complete freedom to choose the thickness or thinness of the meat that has to be sliced by the meat slicer.
The meat slicer comes with a heavy duty motor to facilitate smooth slicing of meat and also has a large food carriage that is sliding to make storage and transfer of the meat easier.
- It has a rubber sole for increased safety while using the meat slicer
- The suction power of the rubber sole is good and reliable
- The meat slicer is easy to use and maintain
- It is a heavy duty machine and provides smooth functioning
- Affordable and not very expensive
- Thickness can be adjusted to the user’s needs
- Safe to use
- The serving plate is very weak and bends in.
- It works very slowly unlike other meat slicers
- Works fine for cooked meat but not for raw meat.
It is capable of providing sliced meat pieces that look almost professionally sliced. The sliced pieces of meat are even and can be adjusted to be sliced as thin or thick as the user wants by adjusting the variable thickness knob present on the meat slicer.
This Chefman meat slicer comes with a rubber suction sole that provides resistance to slipping when the machine is running and thus helps prevent unwanted accidents if the meat slicer slips when in use.
Since this meat slicer comes with detachable parts, it makes cleaning and maintaining the meat slicer so much easier and less hazardous.
It also has a universal blade that measures 7.5 inches long and is made up of stainless steel to provide for efficient and smooth slicing of meats.
This meat slicer also comes with a blade safety guard as well as a food pusher to ensure a higher level of safety is assured to the user when using this meat slicer.
- 5 inches long stainless steel blade
- Many safety features such as a rubber sole, blade cover and food pusher
- Adjustable thickness to provide complete freedom
- Sleek design and is thus handy and compact
- 1 year warranty
- Portable due to its sleek design
- Affordable when compared to other types of meat slicers
- It is quite durable
- It is quite hard to clean
- Some users have found that the slicing of meat is uneven and not as precise as expected
This manual meat slicer from Befen can easily solve the needs of meat slicing as it is capable of slicing almost all kinds of meat that will be suitable for almost any dish that crosses your mind from hotpots to pizza toppings.
The meat slicer is made out of stainless steel which makes it highly durable and also makes the process of meat slicing a lot easier and efficient.
Since this is a manual meat slicer, the user has complete control over how thin or how thick each slice should be. The knife of this manual meat slicer is extremely sharp and stays that way for a long time before it needs to be sharpened again.
This meat slicer is also extremely handy and compact and because of this it is portable as well and does not take up a lot of counter space. This compactness of the meat slicer makes it very easy to use as well as clean. It is also moderately priced and should comfortably suit the budget of many.
- It is very easy to clean and maintain due to its simple structure
- It is made completely out of stainless steel
- It is compact and portable
- Easy to use due to its simple design and make
- Many kinds of meats can be sliced
- Highly durable
- 1 year warranty
- Quite pricey for a manual meat slicer
- The blade is very sharp and there are no safety provisions.
- It is a little difficult to clean
The Kitchener electric meat slicer is a heavy duty appliance that is designed with the aim to reduce the effort that one has to put to perfectly slice their meat. This meat slicing machine takes care of that and provides finely and evenly sliced meat pieces for any dish.
This meat slicer comes with a blade that is 9-inches long and is made of stainless steel to slice your meat and additionally even offers an option of a 9-inch bread blade and a 9-inch universal blade that is serrated to accommodate for different slicing needs. These blades offer efficient and smooth slicing of meat.
This meat slicer is heavy duty and its motor can support a power of 150 watts and can even go up to 200 watts which means that its efficiency is extremely high.
Further, the Kitchener meat slicer comes with a variable adjustable knob to adjust the thickness or thinness by which the meat pieces will be sliced giving the user complete control over the size of slicing.
- It features a belt driven motor type
- It has blade options to choose from depending on the type of food that is to be sliced
- Heavy duty meat slicer
- 9 inch blade made of stainless steel
- Since the blade is made out of stainless steel, it has a high level of durability as well as reduces the need to frequently sharpen the blade
- Easy to use and maintain
- There is no serving tray and thus no where to keep the sliced meat
- The pusher’s teeth should be longer
Commercial Meat Slicers
The Super Deal meat slicer is unlike most other commercial meat slicers in the sense that it is relatively more compact that most commercial meat slicers and this can even be utilized for home purposes. Since it is primarily a commercial meat slicer, it is capable of regularly slicing extremely large amounts of meat to meet the needs of restaurants and caterers.
This meat slicer contains a slicing blade that is made out of stainless steel and is even designed to maintain a sharp edge for slicing for a significant time period which negates the need to constantly sharpen the blade. Further, the blade is resistant to corrosion and can even be moved to allow for thorough cleaning of the meat slicer.
The Super Deal commercial meat slicer comes with a sharpener for the slicing blade that is built into the slicing appliance which makes the process of sharpening the blade much easier and it can be done in no time. The fixed guard-ring which is a part of the meat slicer acts as a protective barrier and prevents accidental contact with the sharp blade.
- It has a compact design which makes it portable and easy to move around if required
- It has a built in sharpener to sharpen the slicing blade
- The blade is made of stainless steel
- It has a fixed ring guard
- It is relatively inexpensive for a commercial meat slicer
- It has a metal pusher to ensure perfect slicing
- It is not of high quality and is not durable
- There is no place to keep the sliced meat and it falls awkwardly
The Vivohome electric meat slicer is an automatic commercial meat slicer that can not only be used for commercial purposes, but can also be used at home since it has such a compact design to fit on top of the counter at home but is powerful enough to regularly slice a large amount of meat.
This meat slicer is made of aluminum alloy material that is of high quality which makes it highly durable and resistant to wear. This meat slicer contains a blade that has been coated with a layer of black Teflon to prevent it from rusting and thus making it resistant to corrosion.
It also comes with a rubber padding beneath it to prevent it from moving and slipping when the user is using it to slice meat and thus it provides for safety. The blade measures around 7.8 inches and the meat slicer features a powerful performance due to a heavy duty motor which allows a power of nearly 320 watts.
Though it has a sleek design the meat slicer weighs nearly 40 pounds.
- It has a variable adjustable knob to adjust the thickness and thinness of the slicing of meat
- It has 2 whetstones to allow for the regular sharpening of the blade
- Provides rubber pads on the sole to ensure safety
- It comes with a removable food tray
- It has a protective plastic baffle to prevent spillage
- It is durable since it is made of aluminum
- The blade requires constant sharpening
- It is not easy to use or clean
This commercial meat slicer has a blade that is 10 inches long and is made of stainless steel which has been coated with Teflon to prevent rusting and corrosion. It has a heavy duty motor supporting a power of up to 320 watts.
It comes with an in built sharpener and also has a power on and power off switch that is waterproof. It contains a slip resistant rubber mat to ensure safety while using the meat slicer.
This meat slicer can be used for both commercial and home purposes and weighs nearly 35 pounds.
- It has an in built sharpener of 2 whetstones to allow for the regular sharpening of the blade
- The blade is Teflon coated to prevent rusting
- Heavy duty motor
- It has a waterproof power switch
- It is durable
- Its motor is belt driven
- It requires frequent sharpening of the blade
- Some of the adjustments are too tight
- It is not easy to clean
TYPES OF MEAT SLICERS
Types of meat slicers by utility:
Home Meat Slicers:
Home meat slicers are generally preferred by those who do not need to slice up a substantial amount of meat, but rather have to slice up smaller amounts of meat regularly. On an average, a typical home meat slicer should cost you anywhere from $60 to even about $110 for the higher end meat slicers.
- With home meat slicers it is possible to save a considerable amount of money instead of buying pre processed or pre-cut foods such as meat, bread and cheese.
- It saves a lot of time and effort, especially if you are preparing food that is meant to be frozen or dehydrated
- Roasts that are available in the market can easily be turned into steaks at home
- Best suited for those with conditions such as arthritis etc.
- Quality is something you might have to compromise on
- Cleaning up can be a task, though this mostly depends on the type of meat slicer you purchase and its model. Many come with detachable parts which are easy enough to clean up.
- They take up counter space and can be quite heavy
- You will also need to purchase machine oil that is food grade
Commercial Meat Slicers:
Commercial meat slicers are generally preferred by those who run large scale events or restaurants and by virtue of which need to regularly slice up a significant amount of meat and are required to do so quickly and efficiently.
Commercial meat slicers are generally a lot costlier than home meat slicers and on an average can cost you anywhere from $150 to even about $400 for the higher end commercial meat slicers.
There are 3 kinds of commercial meat slicers which are standard duty meat slicers, medium duty meat slicers and heavy duty meat slicers and choosing from these will depend on the amount of meat that needs to be sliced and the efficiency that is required for the same.
- Highly efficient and quick in slicing up even large amounts of meat
- Reduces manual labor and time
- Thickness of slicing can be adjusted
- Powerful motors for smooth functioning and all time peak performance
- They are very pricey and might be difficult for small businesses to afford
- They are very heavy and thus can cause some difficulty if it is required to shift its position
- They are quite hard to clean as they are such bulky machines and don’t generally come with detachable parts.
Types of meat slicers by power source:
Electric or Automatic Meat Slicers:
Electric or automatic meat slicers are generally preferred by those who want their meat chopped quickly, efficiently as well as reduce their labor and time while slicing their meat up. Electric or automatic meat slicers provide you with chopped meat that looks almost professionally sliced and is thus preferred by those who want their dishes to look just as good as they taste.
They save a lot of time and effort and are, fortunately not that expensive and cost on an average anywhere from nearly $10 to about $50 for the higher end ones.
- Electric or automatic meat slicers are labor intensive
- They make the process of meat slicing extremely easy and are easy to use as well
- They are quite affordable
- Provide meat slices that are almost perfectly sliced
- The blade does not need to be sharpened very frequently since it is powered mostly by electricity.
- Electric or automatic meat slicers are not the most durable kind of meat slicers and their fuse can blow out quite easily
- A common issue faced by users of electric meat slicers is the poor customer service
- Electric meat slicers may cause an electric shock
Manual Meat Slicers:
Manual meat slicers are generally preferred by those who prefer to invest in a cheap and simple model of meat slicers as manual meat slicers are generally not very expensive and have a relatively simple design that is easy to use and set up.
However, they may not be as efficient as the other kind of meat slicer which is the automatic or an electric meat slicer. Manual meat slicers are best suited for those who are not required to slice more than a few pounds of meat per day.
In a nutshell, a manual meat slicer is pretty much an upgraded version of a knife and is thus still a laborious job but is preferred by some due to its low price which is around the $10 to $20 mark.
- Manual meat slicers have a characteristic simple and user friendly design which makes them a preferable type of meat slicers at home
- They are highly affordable can easily meet the simple meat demands of everyday home cooking while also slicing the meat in a way that makes it nice to look at when in a dish
- They can slice very small amounts of meat
- They are still manual which means that the user still has to put in almost similar effort to slice meat as if there was no meat slicer at all
- They require regular sharpening of the slicing blade
BUYING GUIDE FOR MEAT SLICERS
What Should You Look For?
An important aspect to consider when buying a meat slicer is the utility or how you plan to use it. This will help you choose the kind of meat slicer that is best for you since you would know how often and for how much meat you would need a meat slicer for.
So for slicing large amounts of meat on a regular or everyday basis, a preferable kind of meat slicer would be an electrical or automatic meat slicer meant for commercial purposes. Deciding this will also help you find your budget and the meat slicers that best suit your needs.
- Blade and Size:
What’s a meat slicer without its blade? Meat slicer blades can come in many types and sizes and this is one aspect you should consider before you buy one.
Meat slicer blades can be of the serrated or the non-serrated kind. Serrated blades are used to generate rather chunky pieces of meat and are not capable of slicing thinly, making them not the most versatile of blades.
Non-serrated blades are sharper and make thin slices and are characteristic of commercial slicers. These blades come in the following sizes: 7-7.5” (home slicers), 9-11” (commercial slicers) and 11-14” (premium slicers).
The motor of a meat slicer machine is the one that gives a meat slicer all its power and it is thus crucial to have a powerful and efficient motor so as to provide the user of the meat slicer with the best benefits.
The motors of meat slicers should typically be powerful so as to work with any kind of meat you would need sliced. The power you need depends primarily on what you want to slice and for most meat cuts such as cold cuts, salami and ham a motor that power up to 180 watts should be sufficient.
Commercial slicers would require around 300 watts to slice raw meat.
The size of a meat slicer will, in most cases, affect the size of the blade and thus the overall cost of the meat slicer.
The size of the meat slicer will also affect its mobility and it is thus important to remember that commercial meat slicers, since they are a lot larger in size tend to be fixed to one place and if your meat slicer will have to keep switching places, a smaller sized meat slicer will be the best.
Home meat slicers are generally quite compact and portable and making counter space for these should not be a problem at all.
- Ease of use:
The ease of use of a kitchen appliance such as a meat slicer includes not only the ease with which it allows its user to slice meat, but also the ease with which the meat slicer appliance can be maintained and cleaned while also being safe to use and not causing a lot of potential harm risks.
Most meat slicers are relatively easy to use and consist of just a few simple steps to obtain evenly and neatly sliced pieces of meat and even some other kinds of foods. They even come with safety locks for when the meat slicer is not in use.
Maintaining a meat slicer is very important to maintain the hygiene and serve clean and freshly sliced meat.
Most meat slicers come with removable parts that make it easy to clean such an appliance that comes in direct contact with raw meat and thus avoid illnesses that are food borne.
The meat slicer can be washed with dish washing soap and rinsed thoroughly after. Then it must be wiped with a cloth and let to dry completely before re attaching the parts.
The meat slicer must be switched off when not in use. This increases its durability.
WHAT ARE THE TOP BRANDS OF MEAT SLICERS AND WHERE TO BUY MEAT SLICERS?
For home purposes, a good brand of home meat slicer is the Kitchener brand, Chefman and the Gourmia brands. They sell meat slicers that are easy to use and maintain and are also just as easy on the wallet. Their products can easily be found online on popular websites that sell this category of appliances like Amazon, Ebay or Walmart. For commercial purposes, the Vivohome brand is a good and popular one that sells commercial meat slicers that can even be used at home. This too, like other meat slicers can be found online.
SEVEN TIPS FOR USING MEAT SLICERS SAFELY:
- Wear cut resistant gloves when working with the meat slicer to prevent or at least reduce the possibility of nipping your hands in case your hand comes in contact with the blade.
- When pushing food towards the blade, never push the meat with bare hands and use a tamper at all times to prevent slicing your hand instead of the meat.
- Never reach across the slicer to get something. It’s always a good idea to turn it off first and move around the meat slicer in order to grab something.
- Lock the blade when the meat slicer is not in use. Most meat slicers these days come with safety locks to keep the machine blade locked when not in use.
- Clean the meat slicer and its blade with extreme caution. The blade of a meat slicer will typically be extremely sharp to be able to slice raw meat and thus it requires a lot of caution.
- Handle the safety switch of the meat slicing appliance very carefully given that it is a highly crucial component of the meat slicer and is capable of giving you an electric shock.
- Focus on the task at hand when working with a meat slicer and try to avoid too many distractions to prevent you from accidentally placing your hand too close to the moving blade.