As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made on MeatAnswers.com. If you make a purchase through links from this website, I may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs. You can read the complete disclaimer information for more details.
As a meat connoisseur, I’ve owned a plethora of meat grinder models, and still have a few in my arsenal.
And since I’ve heard so many good things about meat grinder attachments, this got me wondering how they stack up to my other grinders, so I don’t have pull out one of my big grinders just to grind meat.
That said, here’s my take on the capabilities of KitchenAid meat grinder attachments, and reviews on the 5 best models to ease your buying decision.
Table of Contents
- 1 How good are KitchenAid meat grinder attachments for grinding meat compared to a meat grinder?
- 2 Best Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Reviews
- 2.1 1. KitchenAid 80127 Stand Mixer Attachment
- 2.2 2. KitchenAid KSMMGA Metal Food Grinder Attachment
- 2.3 3. GVODE Stainless Steel Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- 2.4 4. AMZCHEF Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- 2.5 5. Antree Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- 3 Pros and Cons of Meat Grinder Attachments
- 4 What Makes a Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Good?
- 5 What to Look for when Buying a Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixer?
- 6 Can the KitchenAid Meat Grinder Attachment Grind Bones?
- 7 Are Meat Grinder Attachments Safe for Dishwasher?
- 8 Conclusion
How good are KitchenAid meat grinder attachments for grinding meat compared to a meat grinder?
After checking out several options, I was intrigued to find that most of the best meat grinder attachments for KitchenAid cost as much as regular, standalone meat grinders.
But the price was somewhat worth paying for since you get the convenience of using a top quality grinder head, without having to buy a new meat grinder.
Another interesting aspect was that meat grinder attachments do come with a couple of food grinding plates to achieve the texture you desire
However, what’s lacking between a regular meat grinder and grinder attachment is the lack of power.
The higher the power of a meat grinder, the quicker you’ll be able to grind, and enjoy more consistent results.
But KitchenAid stand mixers offer between 250-watts to 300-wattts power, making the grinder attachment suitable for grinding small or moderate amounts of meat, but not that fast as a regular meat grinder.
Some of the best, yet budget friendly standalone meat grinders feature copper motors, and grind roughly three lbs of meat per minute.
But in terms of usability, a meat grinder attachment is easy to attach to an existing unit that’s already on your countertop for basic grinding.
Best Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Reviews
1. KitchenAid 80127 Stand Mixer Attachment
- Designed, engineered, and tested by KitchenAid
- Powered by your KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Fits all Household KitchenAid Stand Mixers.
- Slicer/Shredder with 2 slicing cones for thick/thin & 2 shredding cones for fine/coarse.
- Food Grinder with fine plate for meats & coarse plate for firm vegetables & cheeses.
The KitchenAid grinder attachment is my first choice in this short list of best meat grinder attachments for several reasons, most notably because it is made by my mixer manufacturer, hence is designed, engineered and tested by the company.
It also fits all household KitchenAid stand mixers, so it was easy for me to get the right one for my needs.
Further, it allows me to do much more than just grind meat, but also vegetables for homemade salsa. Plus, it comes with a sausage stuffer to make homemade sausages, something the kids just love at any time of day.
As a bonus for me, the KitchenAid 80127 stand mixer attachment also came with a rotor slicer/shredder, so I can slice cheese easily to make a variety of other items.
One thing I didn’t like is that it’s made from plastic, but on a brighter note is solid plastic that’s dishwasher safe.
- Fits any household KitchenAid stand mixers
- Slicer/Shredder with 2 slicing cones
- Comes with fine and coarse plate
- Made from plastic, but high quality
2. KitchenAid KSMMGA Metal Food Grinder Attachment
- Designed, engineered, and tested by KitchenAid
- Simply attach the metal food grinder to the power hub of any KitchenAid stand mixer*. then let the mixer do all the work. *Stand mixer sold separately.
- Convenient front pocket
- The larger food tray* processes more ingredients in 1 batch. *Compared to model fga
- grinder & all parts fit inside its own storage case, for easy storage and quick access
The KitchenAid KSMMGA food grinder attachment is my favorite for two specific reasons. First, because it is made by KitchenAid, and second, it’s crafted from high quality metal.
It attaches easily to any KitchenAid stand mixer model, so you don’t really have to break a sweat trying to get it on or off.
The KitchenAid KSMMGA Metal meat grinder attachment comes with a large food tray, so I can use it to grind small and large amounts of meat at one time.
It features a convenient front pocket, and comes with its own storage case, making it easy for me to store all the parts, and access them from a single location.
It comes with everything I need to get grinding (except the mixer) including fine, medium and coarse grinding plates, and two sausage stuffer tubes.
Even though it leaves next to no room for disappointment, it’s a bit heavier than other attachment models, but again I don’t have to hold it when grinding meat, so it’s not really a dealbreaker for me.
- Convenient side pocket
- Larger food tray
- Attaches easily to mixer
- Made from premium quality metal
- A heavier than the competition
3. GVODE Stainless Steel Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- Premium Stainless Steel food grinder accessory, Sturdy and Durable! Food grade materials for healthier food processing
- Includes 2 grinding blades,4 grinding plates and 2 sausages stuffing tubes, to work as professional Meat/Food Grinder and Sausage Maker
- Ideal for grinding meats, fruits and vegetable, grating cheese, making bread crumbs and combining dips, salsas, spreads, and making two sizes sausages
- Polished mirror surface, easy to clean, Dishwasher Safe
- Specially designed for KitchenAid Stand Mixers，After sale1 Year（Please refer to the instructions for u
Even though the GVODE meat grinder attachment is not made by KitchenAid, it’s definitely one solid piece of stainless steel machinery, so I knew from the get go it would serve me well for many years to come.
It’s an ideal choice for grinding meats, fruits and vegetables, and comes with two grinding blades, four grinding plates, and two sausage making tubes, so you won’t have to buy anything separately.
Plus, I found that all the parts of the GVODE meat grinder attachment are a joy to clean in the dishwasher, but again I prefer to wash each part thoroughly under the sink.
The only thing worth bickering about is the high price tag of the GVODE meat grinder attachment, but if you want a unit that is both durable, and delivers great performance, then it’s truly hard to beat.
- Made from robust stainless steel
- Comes with 2 grinding blades, 4 grinding plates and 2 sausage tubes
- Polished mirror surface
- Easy to use and clean
- Price is a bit higher than other models in this space
4. AMZCHEF Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- All Metal Design that Fits all KitchenAid Stand Mixers Perfectly!
- Produces ground meat with great texture. Superior in terms of speed, cleaner grind and durability.
- Comes equipped with 3 sausage stuffing tubes (0.47inch, 0.75inch, 1.25inch) which can make any sausages you like. The sausages filling tubes greatly improves the filling efficiency.
- Superior Quality as A Burger Press, Making Hamburger Elegantly
- Includes a meat grinder device, 4 sizes of grinding plates, 3 sausage stuffing tubes, 2 grinding blades and a sausage stuffing holder, a removable food tray, food pusher and cleaning brus
One of the key reasons I selected the AMZCHEF meat grinder attachment is its 200+ raving customer reviews. Next, it comes with all metal grinder attachments, and can fit all KitchenAid mixers.
Furthermore, it offers rich functionality, where it can be used to grate cheese, make bread crumbs, and grind meat.
I was impressed with the texture of the meat resulting from this attachment, and needless to say fast and a cleaner grind.
It comes with three sausage stuffing tubes, four sizes of grinding plates, two grinder blades, and is made from food-grade die-cast aluminum.
The parts however aren’t dishwasher safe, but since I wash the parts under the sink manually, the AMZCHEF meat grinder attachment is a great fit.
- All metal parts
- Perfect fit for all KitchenAid stand mixers
- Produces excellent texture and consistency
- Includes 3 sausage stuffing tubes, 2 grinding blades, removable food tray
- Parts not dishwasher safe
5. Antree Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- This meat food grinder attachment fits ALL KitchenAid Stand Mixers. Easy to attach and operate, more convenient than the manual model. Specifically designed for KitchenAid Stand Mixers.
- Made of high-quality food grade material. Ideal for grinding fresh meats and vegetables, grating cheese, making fresh bread crumbs and making salsas & sauces.
- Includes 2 grinding plates (coarse and fine): The coarse plate for grinding cooked meat and cheese, the fine plate for grinding raw meat and pepper, 2 double-sided blades, 2 sausage filler tubes plus Retainer Ring (sausage stuffing plate), 1 Food pusher. Besides, a $6 egg beater for the gift.
- Comes with two sizes of Sausage Stuffer Tubes. Stuffing tubes are longer to allow for more casing to loaded on. It is easier to make sausages.
- Easy to Clean. All parts are detachable, you can clean it very quickly with warm soapy water. The food meat grinder attachment comes with 12 months warranty and Life After-sales Servi
Slotting in at the #5 position on this KitchenAid meat grinder attachment review list is the Antree meat grinder attachment, most notably for its universal design that fits any KitchenAid stand mixer.
It’s crafted from POM food grade quality material, and comes with coarse and fine grinding plates, two double sided blades, two sausage filler tubes, and even a food pusher.
And the icing on the cake is its lifetime after sales service, and a 12-month warranty.
- Made from POM high-quality food grade material
- Includes 2 grinding plates, 2 double sided blades, and filler tubes
- Great fit for KitchenAid stand mixers
- Grinds 5 lbs meat in 2 minutes
- Only available in 1 color option
Pros and Cons of Meat Grinder Attachments
Pros of Meat Grinder Attachments:
Meat grinder attachments provide sheer convenience, and a plug and play design. Grinding meat for a couple burgers is much easier with a meat grinder attachment, because the base unit is already laying on your countertop.
Further, and regardless of the meat grinder you plan on buying, you will need to clean it each time after using it to prevent food contamination.
And since a meat grinder attachment is fitted with everything including the grinding plate, all you have to do is remove it, and wash it under the sink rather than taking apart the entire meat grinder head from a standalone meat grinder.
Cons of Meat Grinder Attachments:
But on the downside, meat grinder attachments do not grind as quickly as full-size meat grinders, which can be a bad thing if the amount of meat you’re grinding is large.
If you’re grinding meat to make just a couple burgers, you’ll need roughly about six ounces of ground chuck.
And since most meat grinder attachments can easily grind approximately two and half pounds of meat in under 10 minutes, you’d be able to grind meat for two burgers in two minutes or so.
But you’re grinding meat to make several meals for a large party, then a meat grinder attachment is probably not your best option.
And even though meat grinder attachments do come with several accessories such as grinding plates, the package does not include specialty attachments such as a kubbe accessory.
Most meat grinder attachments are also made from plastic, which is sturdy enough, but probably won’t last a lifetime.
However, KitchenAid has released a metal version of their meat grinder attachment, which boasts a solid build, so it can handle a fair bit of wear and tear.
What Makes a Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Good?
Plastic made meat grinder attachments are in fact made from high quality material, but metal is always a go-to choice.
Meat grinder attachments should be made from food friendly sturdy material to prevent food poisoning.
Next, and since convenience is the main selling point of meat grinder attachments, you should check whether the meat grinder attachment is easy to install, without you having to put in any effort.
Since meat grinder attachments are available across several models, you need to ensure you buy the right one for your KitchenAid mixer.
Most manufacturers list the KitchenAid models their attachments are compatible with, so note down your mixer model number, and ensure you buy the right fit.
What to Look for when Buying a Meat Grinder Attachment for KitchenAid Stand Mixer?
Right Fit for your Mixer:
The first, most important thing I’d ensure when buying a meat grinder attachment is if it’s indeed the right fit for my KitchenAid mixer model.
If you buy the wrong one, you’ll probably be able to return or exchange it if unused, but this again for me is a waste of precious time.
Build Quality & Accessories:
Apart from looking at the build quality, I also considered the number of accessories that come in the box to avoid buying them separately.
For example, some meat grinder attachments come with two to three grinding plates, but not with a kubbe attachment to make encased spiced lamb in a wheat-based shell.
Size of Feeding Tray/Hopper:
Given that I use my meat grinder to grind meat for several different items, and often times in fairly large quantities, I always check out the size of the feeding tray or hopper.
A larger hopper means that you can grind more meat at one time, and don’t have to load up the tray often, so you grind more in less time.
Can the KitchenAid Meat Grinder Attachment Grind Bones?
This depends on the type of meat grinder attachment you buy, but most meat grinder attachments aren’t powerful enough to grind bones. KitchenAid mixers are fairly low-wattage units, so grinding bones will probably cause damage both to the attachment and the motor.
However, grinding really soft chicken bones should not cause damage to the attachment, but this again could risk damage to the grinder head.
To avoid putting stress on the grinder head, you can chop the bones up into smaller or better yet fine pieces before putting them through the meat grinder head.
Are Meat Grinder Attachments Safe for Dishwasher?
Most of the meat grinder parts of the attachment such as the grinder plates are dishwasher safe, and even though this is an easy way to clean them, it’s a good practice to wash them by hand, and here’s why.
Most meat you grind is very fatty, and does not rinse thoroughly in the dishwasher. Therefore, you should use hot water and good ol’ Dawn liquid detergent to ensure each part is squeaky clean.
Another good reason you want to wash the parts by hand is that some of them are delicate, and may crack if washed in the dishwasher.
When considering the products mentioned on this list, I took into account performance, features and durability.
While all five products are great, the KitchenAid KSMMGA meat grinder attachment is perhaps my top choice as it boasts an all-metal design, and fits any KitchenAid stand mixer.
The KitchenAid 80127 also offers the same performance and durability as the KSMMGA mat grinder attachment, but it’s made of premium quality plastic.
If you have the money to spurge, the GVODE meat grinder attachment is an ideal choice, as it comes with a polished mirror surface that’s easy to clean, and a whole bunch of accessories.
For a metal meat grinder attachment, the AMZCHEF attachment is worth a second look, given it fits all KitchenAid stand mixers, and offers great speed, and a cleaner grind.
And if you don’t want to break the bank, but still would like good, consistent grinds, the Antree meat grinder attachment will not let you down, thanks to its ease of use, and its ability to grind up to five lbs of meat in just five minutes.
Leave a Reply